Paul S. Haar, Managing Attorney
Paul S. Haar has over 20 years of experience handling complex immigration matters for multinational clients and individuals worldwide.
In addition to managing the firm's business immigration practice, Mr. Haar is nationally recognized for his creativity and perseverance in removal and deportation defense before U.S. Immigration Courts, the Board of Immigration Appeals and in U.S. District Courts and U.S. Courts of Appeal nationwide.
Practice Limited to Federal Immigration Law. Member NY and MD Bars. Not licensed in DC.
His practice includes:
- Employment-based Immigration ("Green Cards")
- Family-based Immigration ("Green Cards")
- Nonimmigrant Visas (B-1/2 Tourist, E-1/E-2 Treaty Investor/Trader, F-1 Student, H-1B Specialty Worker, H-2B Seasonal Worker, H-3 Trainee, J-1 Trainee, K-1 Fiancée, L-1 Intra-company Transferee, O-1 Extraordinary Ability in Arts, Science and Business, Q-1 Trainee)
- Temporary Protected Status and NACARA
- Removal and Deportation Defense (Cancellation of Removal, Hardship Waivers)
- Federal Court Litigation (Writs of Mandamus, Habeas Corpus, Petitions for Review)
- Evaluating the Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
Admissions: District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Professional Training: LL.M. in European Community Law magna cum laude (Licence Speciale en Droit Europeen avec grande distinction), Institut d'Etudes Europeennes, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium; J.D., The American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C.; The Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, The Netherlands; B.A. in Political Science magna cum laude, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan; Universite d’Aix-Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, France.
Professional Organizations: Past-Chairman, International Law Section of District of Columbia Bar; Past-President, Washington Foreign Law Society; American Immigration Lawyers Association, Liaison to U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Immigration Court and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.; Chancelier des Etats Unis Hon., Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs
Biography: Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Society; Fulbright Scholar; Interviewed on U.S. Immigration Law and Policy by Fox Television News and Voice of America Radio; Featured in Leading Chinese Community Newspaper; Instructor in Asylum Law for District of Columbia Bar PSAC Program; Mentor, Central American Refugee Center; Listed in Who's Who in American Law and Outstanding Young Men of America.; Knighted by Embassy of France as “Chevalier de l’Ordre du Merite Agricole”.
Languages: French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese